[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
For Our Customers in the United States
Effective April 09, 2017
This Privacy Statement describes how Ethical Collaboration Association, Inc. and IP.Education, Inc. (collectively, the “Affiliates”) will collect, use and disclose your Personal Information (as defined below) and applies to customers in the United States.
Ethical Collaboration is a brand of Ethical Collaboration Association, Inc. and, in this Privacy Statement, “Ethical Collaboration, Inc.” and “Ethical Collaboration” will be used interchangeably.
Ethical Collaboration understands that visiting a company’s website or doing business by email, phone, fax or direct (postal) mail requires trust on your part. We value this trust, and if we collect or use Personal Information from you, we will do so in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
By using this Ethical Collaboration website or by otherwise providing your Personal Information to Ethical Collaboration (such as by filling out your product registration card or subscribing to our newsletters), you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Collection and Use
- Examples of Personal Information that we may collect from you include but are not limited to:
- Your contact, billing and sign in information
- Your product and subscription information
- Your preference information
- Among the purposes for which we may use your Personal Information include but are not limited to:
- Confirming and fulfilling your order
- Providing customer service
- Administering your account
- Sending you newsletters and marketing communications
- Informing you of product and service warranties
- You may opt-out of targeted ads at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- We use the following tracking technologies on the Ethical Collaboration website:
- Cookies and web beacons
- Web logging (e.g., what browser you use, links you click on in the Ethical Collaboration website, IP address or the website you came from)
- Except as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement, we won’t disclose your Personal Information to a third party without your consent.
- You may opt-in to receive communications from our Affiliates.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. If we do, we will note near the top of this page the date that any changes are made and/or when they become effective.
- If the changes being made are material (that is, we make a major change in the important points of the Privacy Statement), we may alert you to the changes in a more prominent way.
- This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Ethical Collaboration and is not intended to describe data handling procedures for information collected by other websites or by our Affiliates.
- Our website is aimed at a general audience and Ethical Collaboration does not generally seek to collect information about children under the age of 13.
Access to Information and Opting Out
- You may, at any time, inform us that you wish to not be contacted regarding any marketing or promotional communications by contacting us as set forth in this Privacy Statement or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.
- However, please note that you cannot opt-out from non-promotional communications, such as service or transactional emails, as Ethical Collaboration may need to send you information related to your products (e.g., warranties, service reminders, etc.), orders or accounts, etc.
- If you have created an account on EthicalCollaboration.org, you may review, correct or update personal information you provided to us.
For full details, please click each section to expand.
- COLLECTION AND USE
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” is data specifically about you that you typically provide on a voluntary basis. Personal Information does not include any information that you post for public consumption, such as testimonials and reviews (“Public Postings”), or aggregate or combined information. Aggregate or combined information includes data that is related to you but studied as a group and does not identify you specifically.
Examples of Personal Information that we may collect from you include but are not limited to:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Your billing information, but your credit card number and account numbers are collected by third parties.
- Unique identifiers, such as your user name, account number, and password
- Your product and subscription information
- Your preferences, such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences
Among the purposes for which we may use your information, including Personal Information, include but are not limited to:
- Contacting you with tailored communications regarding our products or services (including product information, marketing or promotions (such as special deals), research, and/or other topics)
- Fulfilling your order or providing the services you request
- Sending you an order confirmation or other transactional emails
- Sending you requested product or service information
- Responding to your customer service requests or providing customer service using our Live Chat feature, when available
- Administering and managing your account
- Sending you catalogs, newsletters or survey requests
- Sending a one-time email to “share a page” with a third party you have designated
- Informing you of product and service warranties
- Analyzing and improving upon the level of service we provide to our customers
- Sending you a welcome email to verify your information
- Providing you with service, transactional or safety-related announcements
Among the ways we may collect Personal Information from you include when you:
- Sign up for an account online or otherwise contact us online
- Sign up to receive communications from us (including product information, marketing, newsletters, or promotions)
- Fill out and submit your product registration (either online or offline)
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources.
- Name, postal address.
- Your company information.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop world-class products and services of superior quality.
- Do Not Track
Certain web browsers may provide an option that allows you to inform the websites you visit that you do not wish to have your activities tracked by cookies or other persistent identifiers, commonly called “Do Not Track”. Because Do Not Track is a standard that is not yet finalized, the Ethical Collaboration website currently does not respond to Do Not Track signals, but rather adheres to the standards set forth in this Privacy Statement. You may opt-out of interest-based advertising by following the instructions in the “Interest-based Advertising” subsection below.
- Interest-based Advertising
III. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. We set a persistent cookie to store your account settings so we can identify you the next time you visit or enable some functions on our website. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website may be limited.
- Web Beacons
Web beacons are miniscule electronic image files that can be embedded within a web page or included in an e-mail message, and are usually invisible to the human eye. When used, web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs” or “tracking pixels”) may tell us such things as: how many people are coming to our website, whether they are one-time or repeat visitors, which pages they viewed and for how long, how well certain online advertising campaigns are converting, and other similar website usage data. When used in an e-mail, web beacons can tell us the time the e-mail was opened, if and how many times it was forwarded, and what links users click on from within the e-mail message. Based on this information, we can adjust the content, products, services, and promotions we provide you to better meet your interests, as well as make you aware of Ethical Collaboration products, services, and/or special offers in which you may be interested.
- Web Logging
Log files are files that record web activity and gather non-personal statistics about your visit to or use of our website. Log files may help us capture, among other things: (i) your IP address, which is a unique set of numbers assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider (ISP) (which, depending on your ISP, may be a different number every time you connect to the Internet); (ii) the type of browser and operating system you use; and (iii) other information about your online session, such as the URL you came from to get to our website and the date and time you visited our website. In addition to using this information from our log files to better understand how our websites are used, we may use information captured through log files (such as your IP address) with your Personal Information to troubleshoot technical problems, maintain online safety and security, and if necessary, prohibit or restrict access to our online services by certain users.
- DATA SHARING
Ethical Collaboration may disclose your Personal Information to third parties acting on our behalf as service providers, such as our call center operators, shippers, servicers, or people who analyze data for us. While these third parties have access to some of the Personal Information that Ethical Collaboration may have about you, the information is limited to what they need to know to do their jobs, and they may not use this Personal Information for their own purposes.
If you opt-in to receive communications from one or more of our Affiliates, you agree that (i) Ethical Collaboration may disclose and share your Personal Information with Ethical Collaboration, as applicable, and (ii) our Affiliates may use your Personal Information in accordance with their privacy policies including to send you promotional communications. If you decide you no longer want to receive communications from our Affiliates, you may opt-out in accordance with their privacy policies.
Ethical Collaboration may disclose or transfer your Personal Information:
- if we believe such disclosure is necessary to identify, contract or bring legal action regarding injury or interference with the rights or property of Ethical Collaboration;
- to respond to judicial process or in cooperation with law enforcement agencies, or as otherwise required by law;
- to assist us in fraud prevention or investigation;
- to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- if we transition service to another provider;
- if we sell an affiliated company or other business asset, are bought or acquired by another company (either fully or partially), merged with another company, or experience a reorganization, insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or other similar event, in which case your Personal Information may be shared with our successor or assign (the new company or the company that takes over); or
- if we are required to share your Personal Information because such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal-related processes, enforce contract terms, respond to or resolve any claims (including valid consumer complaints), or otherwise protect or enforce the safety or rights (including intellectual property rights) of Ethical Collaboration, our business customers and partners (including our Affiliates), our consumers, or the general public.
Ethical Collaboration may share aggregate or combined information or your Public Postings with our Affiliates and other third parties for research or analytical purposes, to allow companies to develop better products for our users, among other uses.
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request and receive certain information about our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and your choices with respect to such disclosures. Because it is our policy not to share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you are first given the opportunity to opt-out from such sharing, we are exempt from having to meet this requirement. If you still wish to learn more about our compliance with this requirement, please contact us via the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Statement.
- DATA SECURITY
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. The transmission of sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms is encrypted. However, there is always some risk in transmitting information over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the absolute security or privacy of transmissions via the Internet, and we will not be liable for any lack of security relating to the use of the Ethical Collaboration website or services by you. You agree that you will not hold Ethical Collaboration liable for any damages resulting from any loss of privacy or security occurring in connection with any communications over the Internet.
- MATERIAL CHANGES
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. If we do, we will note near the top of this page the date that any changes are made and/or when they become effective. If the changes being made are material (that is, we make a major change in the important points of the Privacy Statement), we may alert you to the changes in a more prominent way. For example, we may temporarily highlight the new or revised sections in this Privacy Statement, temporarily post a prominent notice on our home page or registration/login page, or temporarily add the word “Updated” to the title of this Privacy Statement and any hypertext links pointing to this Privacy Statement. In some instances, we may also send you an e-mail message or other communication telling you about the changes and any choices you may have or actions you may take before they go into effect. Your inaction or continued use of our website and services after any such alerts or notices, or your acceptance of any changes for which we require your prior approval, will tell us that you agree to these changes.
This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Ethical Collaboration and is not intended to describe data handling procedures for information collected by other websites or by our Affiliates. This website may contain links to websites owned by other companies, including our Affiliates. Ethical Collaboration is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such websites.
Our website is aimed at a general audience and Ethical Collaboration does not generally seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. If we offer an app or website feature that is targeted towards children and collects information from children under the age of 13, (i) we will detail the type of information that we collect and how we use and disclose that information, and (ii) we will obtain parental consent before we collect, use, store, or disclose any Personal Information about a child under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian may contact us to request that we delete such information from our records. To do so, contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
VIII. ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
If you have an account on Ethical Collaboration.com, you may review, correct or update Personal Information you provided to us by accessing the My Account page on the site. Otherwise, you may ask to review, correct or update any of the Personal Information we have about you by contacting us via the “Contact Us” section below.
You may, at any time, inform us that you do not want Ethical Collaboration to contact you with any marketing or promotional communications by contacting us via the “Contact Us” section below or, by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.
- Opt-Out Exclusions
Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications from Ethical Collaboration, we may send you strictly service, transactional or safety-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance or if there is a product recall, we might send you an email. We may also email you regarding your warranty or service reminders or if you place an order. You may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature.
You also may not opt-out from having aggregate or combined information collected except as otherwise specified in this Privacy Statement.
- Canceling Your Account
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services, please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below. While we normally retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, please note that if you cancel your account, we may still retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- CONTACT US
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or our practices, or to review, correct or update any of the Personal Information that Ethical Collaboration has about you, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at:
By Postal Mail:
Ethical Collaboration Privacy Team
Ethical Collaboration, Inc.
1635 Foxtrail Drive, Ste 321
Loveland, CO 80538
If we make photocopies of information for you in response to your request, we reserve the right to recover related photocopy charges. We will respond to your request within 30 days.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]